Keeping Your Floor Clean
- Sweep or Vacuum the floor with a soft bristle broom or suitable attachment to remove loose dirt. (No beater bars on vacuums)
- Wash the floor with a non-abrasive, “No-Rinse” floor cleaner.
- For sticky messes, a damp mop with warm water. Do not flood the floor.
- Do not use soap-based detergents, abrasive, or “mop and shine” products.
- Floor does not require wax.
- Do not use full-strength bleaches (15% to sanitize septic)
- Roller Chairs must have gel wheels or a chair mat underneath.
- Ensure furniture legs have large surface, non-staining floor protectors. Replace small, narrow, metal or dome-shaped glides with smooth, flat glides that are in flat contact with the floor.
- Heavy furniture or appliances that are not moved often should be equipped with flat, non-staining composition furniture casters or cups of appropriate size.
- Always read the cautionary information on all cleaners.
Important: NEVER push, pull, or drag heavy furniture or other items across the floor. When moving furniture or heavy items, always lift and carry the items, if possible. Otherwise, use furniture sliders available at most hardware, home improvement, and discount stores, or place the item on a piece of carpet turned upside down.
Follow the remedies in order. Unless instructed otherwise, use a clean cloth or towel with the recommended liquids. Always rinse the affected area with clean water after treatment.
Stains and Spills
- Acids, Alkali, Blood
- Cleaners, Strong Soaps
- Dye, Dye Markings, Food, Candy
- Grass, Iodine, Mercurochrome
- Rust, Urine, Excrement
- Scrub area with a full-strength vinyl cleaner.
- Rub the area with a 10 to 1 dilution of water to liquid bleach.
- Rub the area with isopropyl alcohol.
- If a rust stain does not respond, use lemon juice or a cream of tarter solution.
Paint and Solvent Spills
- Dry Cleaning Fluids
- Lacquer, Latex Paint
- Nail Polish
- Solvents, Oil-Based Paints
- Wood Stains, Varnish
- If substance is dry, gently peel it from the floor. (Avoid sharp instruments that could scratch the floor.)
- Scrub area with no-rinse cleaner
- Rub lightly with odorless mineral spirits or paint thinner
Substances that won’t wipe up
- Adhesives, Asphalt, Chewing Gum
- Oil, Grease, Candle Wax, Tar
- Carefully remove excess with a dull kitchen knife or fingernail
- Scrub area with cleaner. Rub lightly with odorless mineral spirits, isopropyl alcohol or lighter fluid.
Scuffs and Smudges
- Rubber Heel Marks, Shoe Polish, Scuffs, Smudges
- Rub the scuff with fingertip, rubber will come right off (friction from the rubbing will remove rubber)
- Scrub area with cleaner (such as Congoleum Bright ‘N Easy)
- Rub lightly with isopropyl alcohol or lighter fluid
Caution: Isopropyl alcohol, lighter fluid, odorless mineral spirits and paint thinner are flammable solvents. Carefully read and follow cautionary information on label. Keep traffic off treated area for 30 minutes.
Warning: The use of latex or rubber mats may cause yellowing or discoloration..
Warning: Some packing tapes use plastic migrators that can permanently alter the surface.